Casa Corpului Didactic „Grigore Tabacaru” Bacău is a teaching staff resource centre whose mission is to promote innovation and reform in education, to ensure the framework for the personal and professional development of the staff involved in pre-university education (from pre-primary education to post-secondary non-tertiary education), in correlation with: the professional standards for the teaching profession, the quality standards and professional competences, as well as in accordance with the national policies and strategies in the field of education.
It is a state institution operating at county level and its main objective is that of providing the in-service training of the pre-university teaching staff in the county of Bacău through in-service training programs, scientific, methodical and cultural activities delivered in accordance with the provisions of the National Law of Education.
Its functions are:
- a) organizer and provider of in-service training programs for school teachers, school directors, school inspectors (in charge of guidance and control), as well as for the non-teaching staff. The training is delivered in Romanian, in the foreign languages taught in the Romanian education system, as well as in the languages of national minorities;
- b) centre of resources, innovation and expertise for the in-service training of the teaching staff, the non-teaching staff and educational managers;
- c) centre of information, documentation and consultancy for education staff of all levels;
- d) centre for the initiation and organization of scientific, methodical and cultural activities;
- e) editing and distributing books and publications in the field of education;
- f) providing counselling in the management of personal and organizational development processes;
- g) methodological centre for the staff in charge of in-service training, librarians, documentarians, teachers working in documentation and information centres, school laboratory assistants, school pedagogues, computer scientists in the county of Bacău;
- h) analysing the training needs, defining the training services on offer, delivering and promoting the in-service training programs;
- i) database for the human resources with trainer status in the fields of curriculum, evaluation, management, etc., school inspectors, staff in charge of in-service training at school level, teachers working in documentation and information centres, professional development mentors, librarians, school laboratory assistants, school pedagogues, computer scientists, associate teachers, consultants and experts;
- j) centre for initiating and developing partnerships for the purpose of implementing educational projects at local, regional, national and international level;
- k) centre for organizing leisure activities, thematic trips, summer schools, jubilee celebrations for institutions/personalities, traditional meetings on teacher’s day, children’s day etc., teachers’ club providing opportunities for meetings and exchanging good practice;
- l) community lifelong learning centre for the teaching and non-teaching staff in pre-university education, at county level;
- m) accredited evaluation centre in charge of the identification, evaluation and recognition of non-formal and informal learning results for teaching and non-teaching staff, as well as for the school directors and school inspectors in pre-university education, at county level. The evaluation and recognition of the results of non-formal and informal learning for teaching and non-teaching staff, as well as for the school directors and school inspectors in pre-university education, at county level, is carried out based on the methodology developed by the Ministry of Education;
- n) centre in charge of establishing and coordinating the functioning of the body of mentors, at county level.
Partnership projects KA2
- As partner
- Hosting Teachers